Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 15 min
- 4 fresh slices of pita bread, cut into 4 triangles each
- 2 cups watermelon, diced into ½’’ cubes
- 6 - 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled or diced into 1/2’’ cubes
- 1/2 - 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon za'atar seasoning
- Salt + pepper
Let’s do it!
- Preheat the oven or a grill to 350 degrees.
- Combine the olive oil, minced garlic and za’atar seasoning in a small bowl. Spread the pita pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet. Then use a pastry brush or spoon to brush each section of pita with the oil then finish with a pinch of salt + pepper.
- Bake the pitas for 5 - 7 min or until just barely toasted.
- While the pitas are toasting, combine the watermelon, cherry tomatoes, feta and basil in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil to hold the salad together.
- Serve the pita chips with the watermelon salad as a sweet alternative to hummus!