It's the week after Easter which means lamb is on SALE! A wicked easy way to make use of ground lamb is to make these burgers, and it only takes 30 minutes, yay.
These burgers are all about earth+herbs. The patties themselves have a combo of herbs inside them, the dill havarti cheese effortlessly adds herbaciousness and the cucumber herb salad adds a delightful fresh flavor to pull the sandwich together.
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
1 lb ground lamb
4 brioche buns
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons each: fresh rosemary, mint, thyme
1 small to medium sized cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
4 slices dill havarti cheese
3 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon butter
salt + pepper to taste
LET'S DO IT!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground lamb, garlic, 1 teaspoon each of the minced rosemary, mint and thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into 4 patties and set aside on plate.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add the butter. Pan is hot enough when a droplet of water sizzles on the surface.
- Sear the burgers for 3 minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven for 6 - 8 minutes. Top each burger with a slice of cheese as soon as you remove them from the oven.
- While the burgers are cooking, prepare your cucumber salad (I call this a "salad" but it's literally just cucumbers and mayo with herbs so it's really good). Combine cucumbers, mayo and remaining herbs.
- Top each burger with cucumber salad to serve.