Mangos are on sale, what do you do?! There are the obvious smoothies and frozen drinks you can whip up with some fresh mango, or you can toss them into these delicious lettuce wraps.
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
1 head butter lettuce
1 pound boneless chicken breasts
2 small, or 1 large ripe mango, diced
1-2 stalks green onions, about ½ cup when chopped
3 tablespoons mayo
2 tablespoons Dijon or grain mustard
1 ½ tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
LET’S DO IT
- In a medium stock pot 2/3 full of salted water, boil the chicken breasts for 18 – 20 minutes or until they have an internal temp of at least 165 degrees F.
- While the chicken is boiling, prepare the honey mustard dressing by whisking the mayo, mustard, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. (Use a large bowl so you can easily just toss the chicken into it later).
- Transfer dressing to fridge to chill until ready to add chicken.
- Using two forks, pull the cooked chicken into long, string like pieces then toss chicken into the large bowl with the dressing coating evenly.
- Refrigerate the dressed chicken for 5- 15 minutes to chill quickly before serving.
- Fill individual pieces of lettuce as “cups” with the chicken, then sprinkle with diced mango and scallions to finish.