This Fettuccine with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce is officially the only pasta recipe you need for fall. I make this dish very often throughout fall and winter because it’s easily adaptable to be a vegan alfredo or a gluten free AND vegan meal by substituting your fave g free pasta. I also will mix it up add sausage or ground turkey, the possibilities are endless and it’s a 30 minute meal!
Total time: 30 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1.5 cups milk, or substitute almond milk or canned coconut milk to make it dairy free
6 oz. goat cheese
2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
1 package/1 pound fettuccini or you can substitute gluten free fettuccini or rice noodles
Grated Parmesan to serve
Optional: 1 lb ground turkey or sausage, browned
Let’s do it!
- Generously coat a large saucepan with olive oil and then sauté onions over medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes or until soft and nearly brown around the edges. Add garlic and sauté 3 - 4 more minutes.
- Add pumpkin, milk, goat cheese and sage and whisk over medium heat to combine, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Once creamy and smooth, lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. While your sauce is reducing, boil a pot of salted water and cook your pasta al dente.
- Drain your pasta and add it to the pan with the pumpkin alfredo sauce, stir to combine. If your sauce isn’t your desired alfredo thickness, you can simmer the pasta in the sauce for a few minutes more.
- Serve with grated Parmesan, more sage and the browned ground turkey or sausage if you’re opting for that. I think it’s really good with the turkey but it’s also a great vegetarian meal :)